Pricing & Distribution of Units [Was: Eliminate the 4 bedrooms]
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:53:06 -0800 (PST)
There was a post earlier this week about larger units subsidizing smaller units because smaller units cost more per square foot to build.

This is only true if larger units do not have more than one bathroom, etc.

It is also possible to do a pricing based on the cost of kitchens and bathrooms and HVAC equipment, then add square footage costs.

I would also speak for more studios. This would allow younger people to buy into cohousing (those in their 20s) and for older singles to downsize to the size they really need or for adult children to move parents into the community. We now have an adult male sharing a one bedroom with a den with his aging mother (700 sq ft) because he was the best option for her when she could no longer maintain her house.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC