Common House Laundry Survey
From: Lyle Scheer (wonkomonkeyhouse.org)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:41:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

        We're in the midst of a design discussion regarding our common house.
We're thinking about adding laundry facilities, but the compromise is
that we would need to reduce size of the kitchen.  Some questions for
the list if you have laundry in your common house:

        1) How many common machines do you have, how many households do you
have in your community?

        2) Does it seem like too many or too few washing machines?

        3) If you had to choose between adding a laundry room and only having a
single entrance to your kitchen area and smaller pantry versus no
laundry room and a walk through kitchen area (basically an
island/counter where you can have people going in one side and going out
the other) and a larger pantry, which would you choose and why?

        4) Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 the following aspects of a common laundry:

        a) Helps the environment (shared resource)
        b) Encourages community
        c) saves space in your units because you don't need to purchase
machines
        d) Helps the lower income members who would not afford machines in
their unit

Finally, help me brainstorm any other aspects of importance I can use to
survey our membership so we can create a decision matrix.

Thanks!

- Lyle