Re: Common House Laundry Survey
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:32:44 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 6, 2005, at 1:41 AM, Lyle Scheer wrote:

Lyle, the survey is too long for me to fill out but we have two of each (large Kenmore front loaders) and it is sufficient. Most of us have machines at home as well and use the room for overloads. 43 households. I don't know how many households use it but far less than 43 and it is often in use. I would say they do not encourage community -- people stuff and run mostly. At times it discourages community because people leave their stuff all over the room. But like ALL the CH resources, they are very important to those who use them. Very few people use the hot tub either but it is very important to them. Mostly it saves space in units -- both large and small because the machines are large.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC