Re: Common House Laundry Survey
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:39:03 -0800 (PST)
>       1) How many common machines do you have, how many households do you
> have in your community?

30 households, 3 each washers and dryers.

>       2) Does it seem like too many or too few washing machines?

IT seems to be enough. There of course are more popular washing times when
you might have to wait a bit.

>       3) If you had to choose between adding a laundry room and only having a
> single entrance to your kitchen area and smaller pantry versus no
> laundry room and a walk through kitchen area (basically an
> island/counter where you can have people going in one side and going out
> the other) and a larger pantry, which would you choose and why?

I can't even decipher this question so I won't attempt to answer it.

>       4) Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 the following aspects of a common laundry:
>
>       a) Helps the environment (shared resource)

Very important. (We also share soap, groovey granola unscented
biodegradable etc.)

>       b) Encourages community

Fairly important.
>       c) saves space in your units because you don't need to purchase
> machines

VERY IMPORTANT to those of us in smaller units!

>       d) Helps the lower income members who would not afford machines in
> their unit

?!? We never even considered or discussed this ?!?!

Eris Weaver
FrogSong
erisw [at] sonic.net

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they are just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're, like, plotting the revolution,
man. I wouldn't mess with them."
                     --- Michael Moore