Re: Common House Laundry Survey
From: fassnach (fassnachssc.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:04:12 -0800 (PST)
Here at Village Cohousing in Madison, WI we have 17 units.  There are 2
washers + 1 dryer + 4 drying racks in the 9-unit building; 1 washer + 1
dryer in the common house, which has 4 units upstairs; and 1 washer + 1
dryer in the townhouse duplex.  Three or 4 units have their own machines.
We also have 2 outside clothesline stands which many use except in the
winter.

Sometimes folks have to wait, or move other's laundry, but on the whole,
it works out well.

The laundry facilities in the CH did not compromise kitchen space nor layout.

The common laundry facilities do foster community interaction on a very
limited basis, but every little bit helps.

Stephanie Fassnacht