Re: great rooms and ommon house spaces
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:48:20 -0800 (PST)
     I totally agree about the width of hallways,
stairways, and paths, etc.  Wider travel spaces also
make for much better accessibility of wheelchairs,
strollers, wagons full of groceries and or suitcases.

     The Great room space in our common house is used
for meetings, parties, coffee house type snack and
chat and laptop use, table games, sometimes music
performances and of course our common meals.  It can
be a place to escape to if you are having a restless
night and don't want to wake others in your home, a
place to watch movies together, lots of uses.  I'd say
ours is pretty well utilised.  The patio type space
just outside the Commonhouse greatroom is also often
used as a gathering space, we have an outdoor table
and chairs there and folks will often bring their
coffee, tea, lunch or snack there to eat in the sun
and that can grow into a spontaneous informal potluck
type party and often does, especially when the weather
is nice.
                      Bonnie Fergusson
                      Swans Market Cohousing
                       Oakland, CA