Re: Tricks for high-volume rice?
From: Becky Weaver (beckyweaverswbell.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 07:55:08 -0800 (PST)
  When I make rice for 30, I bring the water to a boil on the stove, add the
rice, then put the pot in the oven (at 350 or so), covered, to steam.

  Using several smaller pots rather than one big one works better too. Wide
pots are better than tall stockpots - the rice at the bottom of tall pots gets
compressed.

  Becky Weaver
  Austin, TX

"Jeanne Goodman, JP Cohousing" <goodmanj [at] jpcohousing.org> wrote:
  I'm making my first community dinner on Friday. I have two rice dishes each
for about 30 people. Any tricks to making rice well at that volume?

Jeanne Goodman
JP Cohousing
Boston