insurance
From: Leah (drsweetieyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:40:37 -0800 (PST)
We are being our own developers in a 13 unit coho here in Ashland, Oregon. We
have recently been told by the builder that the laws regarding insurance have
changed, and that we may now be required to carry insurance for "latent
defects". This is supposed to be insurance that would cover potential lawsuits
if something was discovered to be wrong years after we move in. A phone call to
an insurance agent tells us that insurance of this type could cost as much as
1/2 mill dollars, which would guarantee that our project will not happen. Does
anyone else have experience with this?

 Yahoo! Personals