Architectural review of landscaping
From: OCCNG11 (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:36:59 -0800 (PST)
We are a standard condominium where the HOA owns all the landscaping and structures. Our CC&R's specify the appointment of an Architecural Committee.

According to the CC&R's, all Improvements within the Development must be reviewed by the Architectural Committee.

Improvements include "construction, installation, alteration or remodeling of any building, wall, roof, foundation, balcony, patio, landscaping, landscape structure, skylight, solar heating equipmentk, spa, antenna, utility line..."

Our Architecture Committee is reluctant to review anything not involving structures because they claim, "architects are only concerned with structures". According to them, landscaping is not architecture.

Has anybody ever encountered situations where the Architectural Committee considers non-structural matters (e.g. landscaping) beyond their purview?

Norm Gauss