RE: Architectural review of landscaping
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 06:10:55 -0800 (PST)

>-Our Architecture Committee is reluctant to review anything not
involving
>-structures because they claim, "architects are only concerned with
>-structures".   According to them, landscaping is not architecture.

>-Has anybody ever encountered situations where the Architectural
Committee
>-considers non-structural matters (e.g. landscaping) beyond their
purview?

>-Norm Gauss

It makes sense.

Here at Songaia we simply divide oversight of different proposed changes
to different committees.  Our Facilities committee oversees everything
your Architecture committee does except for landscaping. Our Landscape
committee oversees proposed landscape changes around individual units as
well as all community gardens, both food and ornamental.

Douglas Larson,
Songaia Cohousing,
Bothell, Washington