Re: Architectural review of landscaping
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:58:23 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 10, 2005, at 11:15 PM, OCCNG11 wrote:

Our Architecture Committee is reluctant to review anything not involving structures because they claim, "architects are only concerned with structures". According to them, landscaping is not architecture.

Landscape architects specialize in landscapes they are still part of the architectural design of the complex and will affect both property values, structural integrity, and liability

Trees planted too close to the foundations can cause great damage. Other plants can obstruct sidewalks (we once had a fig tree that in one season made life hazardous). There are also issues of people planting certain kinds of plants that are hazardous to children eating the berries. Any plants on common elements or accessible from common elements should be reviewed initially and then as changes occur.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Newsletter on Coops, Condos, Cohousing, and Other New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org