Hello all
From: MWaugh28 (MWaugh28cs.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:05:39 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I have just joined the email list and I have been enjoying reading the
archived material.  I want to introduce my wife and myself.  We live in
Connecticut
where there is unfortunately no cohousing.  I work as a family therapist and
my wife is in school to be a dance teacher (primarily ballet).  We very much
want to live in cohousing for ourselves but also for the children we plan to
have.  We think it would be almost neglecting our children not to bring them up
in cohousing.  We visited the Eco-Village in Ithaca and loved it.
Unfortunately it is often dark and cloudy there and my wife is not sure she
could live in
a place like that.  We are interested in finding cohousing near a college town
for the added culture and events.  We have been looking at the cohousing in
Western MA, Durham NC, and some in Oregon and Washington state.  Our one
dilemna is moving to far away from our families that live in CT and MA.  We
want to
find a cohousing that really fits us and would be good for our kids but we do
not want to move so far away that their aunts, uncles and grandparents will
not be available to them.  We are considering the idea of starting cohousing in
CT but we realize that it would be a lot of work and are not sure yet if that
would be worth it.

We may be visiting of your cohousing in the near future and we look forward
to meeting the people whose email we are reading.

Matthew and Mariama