Re: Mortgage referrals for construction lender due diligence
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:38:35 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Robert wrote:

If you go to the cohousing.org's list of communities, http://directory.cohousing.org/us_list/all_us.php, and select a completed or building community, their entry includes a Cohousing Details section. The Cohousing Details section has a Commercial Lender entry. For Eno Commons, our entry says Commercial Lender: BB&T.

It also sounds like the banker at Wells Fargo is uninformed about condos generally. I suggest showing him all the info from the cohousing site on lenders. Even if it isn't the same lender, if it is a major bank, he should be impressed.

Also the Communities Association Institute has information on condos. They project, for example, that 4 out of 5 new housing units will be in homeowner associations of one kind or another.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Newsletter on Coops, Condos, Cohousing, and Other New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org