RE: queries during conflict
From: Diane Law (dianemlawyahoo.ca)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 05:39:28 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

  Brand new to the list...

  I am interested in this thread. I, too, participated in a learning  workshop
re: Non-Violent Communication and really appreciated it.

  I would like to share that I have learned a lot, too, from the work of
Parker J. Palmer, specifically in terms of "circles of trust" and, even
moreso, Clearness Committees --an intentional situation in which we  apply
counter-culture approaches to truly hearing one person at a time.  If anyone is
interested in this, they could look at the book A Hidden  Wholeness: The
Journey Toward an Undivided Life. It offers step-by-step  guidelines of these
Quaker-originated approaches. I introduced the  Clearness Committee concept to
a local group recently and our first try  was a great success despite my
bumbles.

  Cheers all,
  Diane
  Kamloops, BC