Options in Canada?
From: Diane Law (dianemlawyahoo.ca)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:51:32 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

    I would like to be involved in cohousing in Canada.

  My place of choice is the West Coast, but those options are generally  out of
reach for me financially. I do love the Roberts Creek Co-Housing  but it is
full with a  waitlist.

    More importantly than location, I seek the following

    -close to a small, pedestrian-friendly village, with medical services and
groceries at a minimum
    -detached homes
    -$150,000 or less for all costs to and including the point of purchase
    -lower-impact buildings, whether that be retrofitted older homes or an
eco-village of earthships
    -kids
    -unschooling
    -active movement around making music,  hosting workshops, etc

    Alternatively, I was thinking there might be 20-30 families willing to  buy
up houses in one town, creating cohousing this way. Some places  sell many
houses for $10,000-$20,000. Great for those who don't mind  snow!

   Does anyone know where I can find this for   myself and  my one year old? If
not, does anyone have tips on how to find other  people who might want to do
option b?

    Thanks!

    Diane
    Kamloops, BC