Re: Water Usage Data for Cohousing
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 06:29:34 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 22, 2005, at 8:34 PM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org wrote:
 are in the planning stages of the 68 unit Sawyer Hill twin
cohousing neighborhood project in Berlin, Mass.  (Mosaic Commons and
Camelot Cohousing are the two neighborhoods.)  Sizing of the water
supply and the septic system are happening at this time.

We are seeking any info anyone might have on ACTUAL water usage in a
cohousing community.  Is it possible that anyone has real data on
water consumption?  Annual data would be helpful.  Monthly data would
be very helpful.
=============================

Howdy Chris,

At Heartwood, we have our own water wells serving our community so we pay pretty close attention to our water use -- especially since we're in arid country and water wells do run dry sometimes. We use about 90 gallons per home per day for our 24 homes so you can do the math for months, years, or whatever you want. That water use includes ALL of our water use coming from our wells, but it is important to note that we use irrigation water for the majority of our landscaping and gardening.

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Only those willing to go too far will know how far they can really go."
    - Chuck Yeager