Re: Landscape Design/Pedestrian Paths
From: Buzz Harris (buzzthesubnet.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:59:34 -0800 (PST)
Hi folks.

I love the look of these honeycombed pavers, but I have a winter-related question for those of us in cold climes. Does anyone have experience plowing snow off of these? It certainly looks as though it would compact down into the holes and, potentially, create a very slick, icy surface for winter walking (or falling!).

I really do not like the look of asphalt pathways in a pedestrian community, but their advantage here in New England is that it is easy to plow snow off of them. I would love to find a porous walkway solution which can also be easily snow-plowed without leaving a dangerous walking surface in our long winters. Does anyone have experience with somethng like this?

Thanks,

Buzz