Re: Grasscrete alternative ... Grasspave ... anyone withexperience?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:55:39 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 3, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Stacia Leech and Gary kent wrote:

Hi, we considered the grasspave alternative for our ped street (approx
250 mtrs), however the cost was prohibitive, almost three times the cost
of gravel or conventional asphalt.

From the website, they explain that there is less maintenance than asphalt and you don't have to put in drainage systems so you save that expense.

I am curious to see what the grass looks like in a parking lot. It doesn't get constant traffic but frequent and the grass under cars would get less sun. Of course it could still look better than a sea of asphalt and would have cooling and sound abatement properties as well.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org