Width of pedestrian paths
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:08:45 -0800 (PST)

None of the carts I've seen in the 57 N. American cohousing communities I've visited, has been wider than a wheelchair, which I think ADA and anyway a sense of fairness, requires your paths to accommodate. More to the point, though, all paths in your community should be wide enough to accommodate at least two people walking side by side so you can walk alongside and talk to at least one of your NEIGHBORS. Also two tricycles should be able to ride side by side on those paths. It's about people, not carts or wheelchiars or even tricycles.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Oakland, CA