Pea Gravel
From: Mary English (Mary.Englishhsc.utah.edu)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:41:36 -0800 (PST)
Pea Gravel mades a cute garden path BUT
 when kids start randomly tossing handfulls arround; when dogs tear
arround in it and kick it up out of the path or gouge holes in it, or do
that foot scratching thing  with their hind legs after they pee;  when
kitties think it's a great litter box; or leaves, or a billion weed
seeds fall into it, then you may have reservations.
It looks nice when it is clean, raked, and tidy, and has a lovely feel
and sound to walk on, but (very large  BUT),  I would not describe it as
low maintainance.  And I have found low maintainance to be a necessity
in cohousing.