Re: Pea Gravel
From: Carol Singleton (Quetzal4charter.net)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:40:39 -0800 (PST)
The children in our community love to ride their bikes and scooters on our concrete pathways. The paths are about "one lane" wide and have gradual slopes. Concrete isn't the prettiest material, but the kids sure love to zoom around on it. They also play on the pathways - anything from throwing/catching Frisbees, working on a jigsaw puzzle, practicing pitching and hitting a softball or lying on the pathway watching the stars at night. The concrete works well for all of these and many more activities and the kids don't get very dirty when they are sitting or lying down on the pathways.

My mother has a little trouble negotiating her walker over the depressions between concrete pourings but manages it. She is unsteady on dirt or gravel paths.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Robin A" <alexande.robi [at] uwlax.edu>