RE: Pervious Concrete Paving
From: Buzz Harris (buzzthesubnet.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:00:33 -0800 (PST)
I have a different pervious concrete question. In looking over some of the manufacturers' websites, it is noted that sand, grit, and dirt can clog up the pores in the material and prevent water from draining through. The recommended method of cleaning is vacuuming with a dry vac machine on a fairly regular basis.

Do any cohousing communities use this type of surface for paths or parking, and have there been problems with dirt, etc. settling in and preventing good drainage? Do you vacuum the surface, as suggested?

Thanks,

Buzz