Re: building on singularly owned land in BC, Canada
From: Diane Law (dianemlawyahoo.ca)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:05:16 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Sharon (and Rob, replied to backchannel)!

  I should mention that I live in BC, Canada, so any resources specific  to
this issue for this region would be especially appreciated. That  said, I will
certainly be looking into the ones mentioned here --thanks!

  Diane
  Kamloops, BC, Canada

    > Owners of land are considering inviting others to build additional,
> separate residences on the property.
>
>   Where can I find resources about this kind of situation? eg. Legal
> options for sharing land, etc?

Diane Christian's Creating a Life Together has the best overview of
land purchasing and sharing options written from the point of view of
building a community.

Nolo Press has the best guides for all legal issues for specific
states. Laws in each state are different.

Once you understand the options and the approach that might work for
your group, you can look for the specific legal structure in your state
that will accomplish your goal.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org