Re: alcohol
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:52:16 -0800 (PST)
RoseWind's alcohol: Some bring wine or beer to common meals or parties. None is left in the common house: if there's any left, it gets sent home with someone. We haven't had any problems that I know of, relative to over-consumption. Strictly a private expense. As I have friends in my town who are in recovery from alcoholism, I know some people who, if they were in cohousing and there was alcohol PRESENT at a meal or event, they simply wouldn't come. That would be detrimental to community, as they would de facto be excluded. Have any groups given thought to this, or taken relevant action? Lynn at RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA