Re;Alcohol
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:09:06 -0800 (PST)
AT Swan's Market we have policies and practices
similar to what has been described for other Cohousing
communities.  No Alcohol bought with common funds or,
currently, stored in the Common House but wine or beer
often are brought by folks wanting to drink it with
dinner and we have parties that involve alcohol, one
regularly scheduled "Wear Black Martini Party" and
other spontaneous ones.  We have recovering owners
who, being in recovery for a long time, are not
particularly worried about being around folk having
wine or beer for dinner and just don't go to the hard
alcohol related parties.  We used to have a "wine
club" for wine lovers which stored the wine in the
Common House pantry but that policy was changed out of
concerns about teenage access.  My experience with
recovering folk is that their comfort around alcohol
depends partly on the number of years away from their
own use and also on the degree to which the current
situation resembles their former drinking patterns.
So a person who got in trouble with whiskey does not
necessarily get their alcohol craving triggered by
sitting near folks drinking wine with dinner.
It varies with the person and as with most things in
community would need to be talked about and group
rules agreed to.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com