which groups are co-ops?
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:51:30 -0800 (PST)
I know most cohousing groups are not legally formatted as co-ops. Here at RoseWind we're a nonprofit with a homeowners' association, others are condos, etc. And I'm now working with a group here in Washington State, to help develop their legal documents, and they are organized as a co-op. Please chime in here to identify your cohousing, ecovillage, or other intentional-community group, if you are a co-op (far enough along to have legal documents - bylaws and the equivalent of CC&Rs etc). This may be useful info for future list searchers. I'll then get in touch with you off list, to discuss your willingness to share documents or advice. I need to learn anything that makes co-op documents different from the ones I've already worked with.
Thanks,
Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA