Re: Establishing unit pricing
From: Robert (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:10:59 -0800 (PST)
Leila,

Eno Commons is probably on the simple end of the differential complexity scale.

Funding for the community infrastructure came from selling lots.  We had two
sizes: large and small.  We had two house designs: House A:1483 sq ft and House
B:1974 sq ft.  House B's could only be placed on large lots.  As we believed
that folks buying small lots would be more price sensitive, we had a small
price premium on the large lot.

We did not price discriminate on the location of the lots but rather let the
selection of the lots in order of seniority which rewarded those who came in
early.

This said, our situation is a bit different than yours as our homes are either
detached or duplexed.  You might want to contact urban cohousing development
like Eastern Village, which is closer to your building structure than our is.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 where we just had a Community Dayz to distribute and spread 12 tons of
rubberized mulch, made of recycled tires,
 underneath our play structure.