Re: which groups are co-ops?
From: Tree Bressen (treeic.org)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:03:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi Lynn,

Please chime in here to identify your cohousing, ecovillage, or other intentional-community group, if you are a co-op (far enough along to have legal documents - bylaws and the equivalent of CC&Rs etc). This may be useful info for future list searchers. I'll then get in touch with you off list, to discuss your willingness to share documents or advice. I need to learn anything that makes co-op documents different from the ones I've already worked with.
Thanks,
Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA

My community (as you personally already know--maybe we'll see you down here one of these days? :-) is a co-op although *not* cohousing: Walnut St. Co-op in Eugene. Of course we are happy to share any documents with you if that is helpful, in fact our bylaws are posted on our website at http://www.icetree.com/walnut/bylaws.html.

I don't know if they have any members on this list, but i believe Santa Rosa Creek Commons in Santa Rosa, CA is a limited equity co-op as well. Their community preceded the cohousing movement, but has some elements of the model (e.g. separate units clustered close together).

Cheers,

--Tree

Tree Bressen
1680 Walnut St.