Re: design team (keeping records)
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:28:56 -0800 (PST)
I have to agree with Sharon about the importance not only of engineer types but of "librarians" (as that type myself....). We are grateful for a fat looseleaf notebook, with a bunch of those clear plastic-sleeve-pocket pages. In this we have filed all the manuals, warranties, etc that came with appliances, as well as various and sundry information about what kind of this and that we have, or used. We also have filed at the CH the photos I took of the insides of the walls before they were closed up (with signs pinned up saying stuff like "pantry wall east"), and drainage etc hookups while the ditches were still open. We've consulted the appliance manuals, in particular, with some regularity. Now what we still need is an inventory and directory of what is STORED where, like in the crawl space under the building, and in the high cupboards. Leftover building bits, which we presently wouldn't know we even had, I'd guess.
Lynn at RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA