Re: Commercial Spaces included in Cohousing Footprint
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:13:58 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 12, 2006, at 2:20 PM, WmlP [at] aol.com wrote:

Our question is how to structure the bylaws regarding the commercial spaces once they have been sold to commercial entities. They will not be members of the residential Condo/HOA. Reserve fund assessments and insurance are two issues
that come to mind.

Why sell them? They could provide income for the community and if you own them, you can lease them to organizations that you would like to have in your building. Having these spaces to provide income would seemingly help you get construction loans,etc.

I'm really excited to see this kind of development going on. Please keep us updated about how things re going. There are other people out there attempting to do the same thing.

"Our most affordable homes are those that are already built."

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org