Re: Monthly cohousing homeowners fee
From: Robert (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:00:44 -0800 (PST)
At Eno Commons, we have 22 households and each household pays dues ($100/month)
which has three components:
   * $40/month: reserves     covers replacement costs of the Common House and
infrastructure
                             (water/sewer/road; we have city services but if
the pipes/road breaks,
                             we need to fix it)
   * $15/month: capital:     to build new items like our work shop, play
structure, west wing of Common House
   * $45/month: operational: Common House utilities; regular maintenance;
supplies, child care, web site, etc

It has worked pretty well and we have not had the need to make any assessments.
 (First move-in July 1998.)

Your dues may be more (or less) depending what you wish to include
(i.e.internet access, bagels every Sat, ...)

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
 Durham, NC
 where we expect to pour the foundation for the work shop this week.