Re: Re: condo fees
From: Robert (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:32:15 -0800 (PST)
At Eno Commons, we have 22 households and each household pays dues ($100/month) which has three components:
  * $40/month: reserves
  * $15/month: capital
  * $45/month: operational

We have agreed to borrow from ourselves from our reserves using our capital portion of our HOA dues to pay ourselves (reserves) back with interest. (I believe the pay back period is seven years.) We also fundraise using auctions, dinners and T-shirts. Direct appeals also works.

However, as you can imagine, what we can spend is less than what we would like to spend. We will be noodling on this as we would like to redo our kitchen and complete the Common House upstairs to have guest bedrooms.

-Robert Heinich
Eno Commons Cohousing
Durham, NC
where the foundation for the work shop is complete and the building should start soon.

----- Original Message ----- From: <LouHarr [at] aol.com>