Re: very small/ compact housing
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:14:14 -0800 (PST)
Hi Lynn,
You should read both of these books: "The Very Small Home" and "Small Spaces: Stylish Ideas for Making More of Less in the Home" by Azby Brown. They are very interesting and beautifully designed books on the subject of creating space in unexpected places, such as under a stairway, in "deadspace" in and around your kitchen cabinets, and even under the floor! The author also presents clever ideas on how to make your house appear more spacious than it really is. These are houses built in Japan but the lessons are universal. I think the issue of whether the smaller units sell faster or the larger units sell faster will depend on whether you are an urban or suburban community. At JP Cohousing in Boston the smaller units sold faster. Two-bedrooms were hugely popular because they are very versatile--the extra bedroom can be used for childrens' rooms or an office or study.

Good luck and keep us apprised of your progress!

--Diane(:^]
MARKETING FACILITATOR
JP COHOUSING  617-522-2209
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS