Introducing Hollister Cohousing
From: Zev Paiss (ZpaissComcast.net)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:31:43 -0800 (PST)
Greetings California Cohousers!

I wanted to let you all know that the first Introductory Getting Started workshop for the Hollister Cohousing Community will be January 28, 2006 in Hollister, California. The City of Hollister has a population of 36,000, and is located about 100 miles southeast of San Francisco and 40 miles east of Monterey.

The 2.5-acre site is bordered by Vista Hill Park on two sides, has mountain views and is within walking distance of downtown Hollister. The land is zoned for residential medium density allowing for a 25-35 household community. The philosophy of cohousing fits well with Hollister’s General Plan for residential downtown development.

The workshop will begin with a free Orientation on Friday evening January 27th from 7-9PM and again on Saturday morning from 9-10 am. This willl be followed by a mini-workshop to explain the cohousing development process and the specifics for creating a cohousing community in Hollister. The Saturday workshop will take place from 10 am to 3 PM and will cost $25, including lunch, site tour and a discussion of next steps. I have invited Zev Paiss of Abraham Paiss & Associates in Boulder, CO to facilitate the weekend events.

For more information please 831-623-2138 or visit our website at:

http://www.hollistercohousing.com

Sincerely,

Tod duBios
Developer for Hollister Cohousing