Spanish term for coho
From: Michael Whitman (Michael.Whitmanvalley.net)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:34:04 -0800 (PST)
Carey Dachik asked about possible Spanish terms to capture "cohousing." The
final choice will need to come from someone whose native language is Spanish --
and of course here are as many variations as there are Spanish-speaking
countries -- but I work as a translation projects manager and sent this to the
Spanish translator in my "stable" of freelancers.

He lives in Wisconsin, but he and his wife are on their annual "renewal" trip in
Spain, from where he sent this suggestion:

" 'Co-vivienda' is the word that a Spanish friend here in Spain (I am writing
to you from Salamanca) suggests."

Different speakers incorporate various degrees of adaptation of English
terminology, and I am not qualified to offer an opinion.

But now you have some choices from which a Spanish-speaker can choose, who is
familiar with both the philosophy and mission of cohousing, and a feel for the
tone that may work best in the locale where the brochure will be distributed.
Good luck!

   michael whitman