Small housing
From: Charlene McNamara (charlenemgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:52:59 -0800 (PST)
We recently moved out of our 700 sq. ft. house and would regularly
marvel at how easily we lived in such a small space. It was a 2 story
house with a staircase in the middle of the house....extremely
inefficient, but there was a big pantry under the stairs and other
large closets up and down stairs. Things were tight, but very
workable. There are 4 of us there. Our 2 boys shared a tiny room under
the eaves upstairs. It was apx 5ft X 8ft., but they never noticed it
was small b/c they are small and they loved living under the eaves. It
made their room more fort like.

We will soon be moving into our "spacious" 1170 sq ft. cohousing home
and already feel that it is not nearly efficient as our old house.
BTW, we moved to that house from a 2000 sq ft home...talk about some
serious purging!! I think it is really all the eyes of the individual.
We were perfectly happy with our small space, but know that others
with fewer in their household could not live in the same space.

charlene