Re: Re: ceiling heights
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:54:14 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Jenny Williams wrote:

Cooling is slightly more of an issue here than heat.  But we'll also
have a whole house fan, that can suck the hot air out in the evening
during the summer.  My only real concern is the kitchen/eating/living
room portion of our house, which will be all open.  I'm not sure how
that would look with 8' ceilings, even with soffits strategically
placed.

What it comes down to is "standard construction grade" or something more elegant and "uplifting." For that I recommend higher ceilings.

Sharon
---
Sharon Villines
Building Community: A Guide to Creating New Neighborhoods
http://www.buildingcommunitynews.org