ceiling heights
From: Molly Lazar (mollyschaeferyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:16:46 -0800 (PST)
We recently downsized from a suburban 2300 square-foot house to an 1800
square-foot house in cohousing.  It doesn't feel smaller, though, and I think
the key is having higher ceilings.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

We have 2 children as well.  One thing that we realized is how handy it is to
have extra height in a room for children.  We can have high places for storage,
as well as bunk beds that you don't have to crawl into.  Bunk beds or loft beds
can make a child's room seem much, much bigger.

Molly Lazar
Shadowlake Village Cohousing
Blacksburg, VA