Re: Re: ceiling heights
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:18:29 -0800 (PST)
Here at Sonora Cohousing (Tucson), we chose to have 9' high ceilings in the units which
have a second floor.  (There are sloping ceilings on the second floor).
Our reasoning was that adding one foot to the standard will make a significant psychological difference, in that it will make the place seem more spacious. Since cohousing homes tend to be on the small size (by American standards) - making it easier for people to live comfortably in small spaces seem like a good idea. While I had occasion to regret some
of the choices we made, this isn't one of them.

R.