Dr. Bill Thomas' Eldershire concept
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:09:40 -0800 (PST)
Dr. Bill Thomas, a Harvard Medical School alumnus, author, and nationally
recognized innovator who has created several alternative housing options
for older adults, developed his his new intergenerational housing concept,
Eldershire, It sounds a lot like cohousing.  He will be speaking in
Minneapolis and visiting Monterey cohousing next week.

Does anyone know enough about "Eldershire" to compare it to cohousing?
I suspect it is more "developer-led" than cohousing developments
tend to be.  I wonder about the implications for the nature of the
community.  Note that his ideas are specifically intergenerational but
"senior rich" which I guess is unlike senior cohousing and maybe more like
traditional cohousing (which is my preference).