Community acceptance of new owner/members
From: Thomas Lanphar (t.lanpharworldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:34:37 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone in cohousing land.  This is my first posts.

In Cohousing.org's Frequently Asked Questions it says in dealing with
accepting new owners/members cohousing communities often establish a right
of first refusal or create voluntary agreements that state that owners will
only sale a unit within the cohousing community to buyers that have
community acceptance.  In searching the archieves I have found that many
communities do not have these structures and may not have an acceptance
policy and instead take a proactive stance by keeping waiting lists,
questionaires, and/or get to know the buyer processes.  Are there any known
communities that take the volutary agreement for community acceptance?  Have
the legal implications been evaluated by those who have taken this course?

Tom