Re: Simplicity is about letting go
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:45:03 -0800 (PST)
In my view...

Voluntary Simplicity is about letting go. Community is about letting go, as well.

Letting go of things is part of it, but more important is letting go of expectations. Flowing more with what is and what might be, and less with what should be, or what "my mother would have expected so I should now expect".

Community is also about flexibility and tolerance, which requires letting go of those expectations again.

Chris