Re: determinants of success - not just cohousing
From: Steve Faber (stevecityvisioninc.org)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:50:05 -0800 (PST)
I think in an urban cohousing community the kitchens on the "active side" might mean something different if you are trying to be a little village in a bigger village of a neighborhood. One of the issues we had with our Michigan, medium density design, was the compromise of kitchen orientation and getting light into the units. If your kitchen is on the south side of your home. Typically, much of your wall space is taken up by cabinets and you can't put in the larger windows to maximize passive solar.

Steve