Reminder: NICA Annual Meeting, tomorrow at RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend, WA
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:23:58 -0800 (PST)
The 14th Annual NICA (Northwest Intentional Community Assoc) meeting is on
Saturday, Feb 25 at RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend, WA (tomorrow).

We are gathering at 10 am and end at 4:30 pm and will share a potluck lunch
at noon.
The morning will feature community stories from NW community members and the
afternoon will focus on the question:

How do we create sustainable communities?

Members of several cohousing communities are coming and some will
participate in the prepared program. Betsy Morris, of Berkeley Cohousing, is
also the Research Director for the Cohousing Assoc. of the US (Coho/US) and
will be sharing her perspective on cohousing sustainability research.

Our host community, RoseWind Cohousing, has been featured in
Communities magazine
- most recently for its community artworks. In addition, we will also learn
about Port Townsend Ecovillage, a new community forming on the property
adjacent to RoseWind... some of that community's founding members are
current members of cohousing communities.

For more details, including driving directions, see the NICA website:

http://www.ic.org/nica/

There is no charge for the event, although donations to support NICA will be
solicited.

In community, Craig