RE: Elder/Senior/Proactive Adult Cohousing
From: Shirley Clawson (shirleytwindward.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:15:48 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
As the developer of Silver Sage (a proactive adult cohousing community), the
pros & cons of both intergenerational & elder/senior/proactive adult
communities for those in the 50+ age range are something that we have
debated at length.  Silver Sage is being built next door to an
intergenerational cohousing community (Wild Sage) and the same concept is
planned for two new communities in Arvada -- one proactive adult & one
intergenerational.  I'd appreciate opinions from everyone, but particularly
those that are not interested in living in an "adult-only" community, as to
whether or not being located next to an intergenerational community, with
both intentional & informal interaction between the two, makes the idea of
"senior cohousing" any more appealing.
Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Shirley Thielen
Wonderland Hill Development Company