Re: determinants of success - not just cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:26:23 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 2006, at 10:41 AM, ken wrote:

For me, part of the notion of simplicity means designing for
easy and minimal cleaning.  This means no shelves.  Shelves collect
dust. Insofar as possible, put everything behind a door or in a drawer.

Actually, I find that putting things behind closed doors encourages clutter. You don't see it so it just stays there. I'm in the process of designing drawers below the cabinets for the ease of pulling them out to see what is in them and shelves above for dishes and things I use all the time. If I don't use it frequently enough to keep it undusty, out it goes.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC