Re: Powerpoint presentation?
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:47:35 -0800 (PST)
In response to your question, we have a slide show that might be useful - "What is Cohousing". It used to be available as a free download from our website, but that currently is not working. Alternatively it can be purchased for $5 to cover the shipping and handling. See below.

Cohousing Slide Shows by Kraus-Fitch Architects

The following slide shows are available on CD form for power point presentations:

What is Cohousing - $5

This slide show gives prospective members and town officials an idea of what cohousing is all about. It includes lots of pictures of folks living, playing, and working in both rural and urban cohousing communities.

Cohousing Site Design - $25

This slide show illustrates with many photographs the important site design issues such as distance between units, parking strategies, accessibility and pedestrian walkways. It addresses the seasonal and regional issues of snow removal, summer shade, and winter sun and even looks at the seemingly mundane issues that you will regret overlooking without proper programming. It concludes with a tour of many North American Cohousing Communities - urban and rural.

Cohousing Common House Design $25

How do you create a Common House to meet all the needs of your community - and to be the "living room" of the community? Kitchens, Great Rooms, Kids Room, Laundry and much, much more are explored and illustrated with photographs from many communities.

Cohousing Unit Design - $25

This slide show looks at all types of cohousing housing options - single family to apartment flats - the spaces within them, the relationships between them, and the materials that go into their construction. Customization is discussed in realistic terms.

Cohousing & Sustainable Design $25

Cohousing presents a unique opportunity to build and live in more sustainable ways. This slide show looks at the big picture items, and the details without losing sight of cost effectiveness.

Set of 5 - $80

The following slide show is currently under development:

Getting the Work Done (living in community)

This slide show will look at some of the work programs (common meal preparation, buildings and grounds maintenance, etc.) that are up and running with efficiency at Pioneer Valley Cohousing. It will also look at systems tried.

These slide shows can be ordered by sending a check to:

Kraus-Fitch Architects

110 Pulpit Hill Rd.

Amherst, MA  01002

For more information about our slide shows and/or cohousing design services, please call us at 413-549-5799 or email lfitch [at] krausfitch.com.
Laura

Laura E. Fitch, AIA, LEED
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.