Re: Not Enough Privacy in Cohousing?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:58:59 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 9, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Jeanne Goodman, JP Cohousing wrote:

This post will definitely make me think twice before I dare to ask someone if their guest was a date. I think it's hard to know when that kind of thing steps over the line of asking as friends who share information about what's going on in their lives versus sounding like a gossip.

But this happens in all neighborhoods and in apartment buildings. Neighbors are always "too close" when you are dating. People always want to know whose car that was in the driveway and if it was still there in the morning. In cohousing, you just know they are wondering.

Frankly, if I want to know who is dating whom, I ask a certain 12 year old. He knows everything. I have no idea how. But that has been the case in every neighborhood I've lived in.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC