RE: Food Values
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:29:23 -0800 (PST)
Eating together, is certainly one of the wonderful advantages of living
in cohousing. For me, cooking is one of the tasks I enjoy most. As Craig
said, cooking in the common house can be chaotic and an adventure. But I
have found that it can also be smooth and easy, a different example of
an adventure.

I still enjoy cooking at home, which I usually do alone, but I do much
less of it than in my pre-cohousing days. Mostly that's because I don't
need to, with 5 common meals a week beckoning and with other urgencies
in my life waiting. But I also find that I am drawn to it less, I
suspect because my creative cooking outlet is filled by common meal
cooking.

Also, for me, and I suspect for many, the sharing isn't just about the
food, but also about the intimacy of shared conversations, containing,
at times, threads that can last for days, even weeks.

Douglas Larson,
Songaia Cohousing