Questions on incorporating to buy building
From: Anne Holzinger (anneholzingeryahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:54:45 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

  I am with an active co-housing group in the Twin Cities (MN) metro area, and
we are moving toward looking for a 12-20 unit apartment building in the next 6
months or so.  We have not yet incorporated into any kind of corporate body.  A
local cohousing person recommended that we incorporate as a nonprofit
organization to buy a building since that is about the easiest way to go about
it (at least in Minnesota).  Do others have recommendations of the kind of
structure we might want to use?  (LLC is another one that a few people have
mentioned.)  I am an attorney, but don't specialize in this area of law.

  If there is already information in the archives on this topic, I will be
happy to check them.  I did look under incorporation, but I didn't find
anything quite on topic in the recent year or two.

  Thanks for any information you can give me!
  Anne Holzinger